Visitor Health Insurance: Which type of visitors insurance plans to choose in 2022: comprehensive plans vs. limited plans?
When purchasing Visitors Insurance plans, there are two types of plans categories you can choose from. You can either purchase a low-cost, limited schedule of benefits plan or a comprehensive coverage plan. This article will help breakdown the differences and help you best select a visitor’s insurance for parents visiting USA especially in 2022, in a post pandemic world.
What is a schedule of benefit - limited benefit insurance plan?
A limited fixed benefit, schedule of benefit plans is a plan that has a fixed "dollar" limit on each and every eligible medical benefit offered by the plan. For example, there is a reimbursement amount on each doctor visit, urgent care visit, emergency room, hospital stay, surgery, labs, etc. With a schedule of benefit plan, you can go to any doctor or hospital you choose as there is no PPO network to consider. With these types of plans, you will be responsible for paying the full bill upfront and claiming it to the insurance company for partial reimbursement per the schedule of benefits. Please keep in mind, these plans do have a deductible you have to meet per sickness/illness.
Some of our most popular schedule of benefit plans include:
You can see all of our low cost plans we offer here: https://www.visitorsinsurance.com/Lowcost-fixedbenefit.asp.
Unless cost is the main factor for deciding a plan for your travelers, we recommend a comprehensive coverage plan.
What is a comprehensive coverage medical plan?
A comprehensive coverage plan is going to be the best plan type for any Visitors Insurance policy. Comprehensive coverage plans come with a PPO network (Preferred Provider Organization) where you can get up to 100% coverage in-network for an eligible medical expense after you pay a deductible or doctor visit/urgent care co-pays. We also have plan options with 100% coverage in-network and you have to pay nothing out of pocket. These plans are designed to cover 100% of the medical bill for a new sickness or illness (some exclusions apply per policy). Comprehensive plans do have higher premium costs than low-cost, schedule o benefit plans, however, these types of plans will give you the best coverage and peace of mind while traveling abroad.
Some of our most popular comprehensive coverage plans include:
Let's use an example to better understand these types of plans and how they will work with a schedule of benefit, fixed benefit plan vs. a comprehensive coverage plan. - A traveler arrives to the United States and isn't feeling well with cold-like symptoms after a long flight. They decide to go to an urgent care clinic, however the patient isn't doing very well and needs to go to the emergency room instead. After the emergency room visit, the patient has been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia and will stay in the hospital for 3 days.
- Fixed Schedule of Benefit Plan - Regardless of the total bill for each benefit from the urgent care visit to emergency room to hospital room and board, the insured will have to pay the bill up front (example, $5,000) and claim to the insurance company for reimbursement. Because these plans do not cover 100% medical of the bills, it’s safe to assume the client will have to pay a portion of this out of pocket. The portion that is made is unknown as this depends in which specific benefits the patient uses.
- Comprehensive Coverage Plan - Once you meet your plan's deductible and/or co-pay, the bill will be covered 100% (example $5,000). All eligible medical expenses for a comprehensive coverage plan will be covered up to the policy maximum you choose as long as it’s a new sickness or illness. Comprehensive plans are designed to cover up to 100% of the medical bill to give you the peace of mind in case you a loved one falls ill while traveling.
Visitors Insurance™ Plan Types
Comprehensive Coverage Plans
- Better coverage without sublimit.
- Covers serious Medical Expenses.
- Less out of pocket expense.
- Good for people who wants to take less risk.
Low Cost Fixed Benefit Plans
- Basic coverage with sublimit.
- Low cost fixed benefit plan.
- More out of pocket at the time of claim.
- Good for people who wants to take more risk.
You can learn more about all of our visitors insurance plans here - https://www.visitorsinsurance.com/Visitors-Insurance-Plans.asp
We hope this article has helps you identify what to look for when looking for visitors medical insurance to get the proper coverage for yourself and/or your parents/relatives visiting you. You can visit our website at Visitors Insurance.
If you need help generating a quote, please email us at email@example.com and share the travelers ages, travel dates, visa/green card status, and destination country for the quickest response. If you have an other questions or feedback regarding this post, you can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free at 800-344-9540/847-897-5120. or WhatsApp at 847-897-5120.