How to make changes to your Visitors Insurance Travel Medical Policy
When purchasing a Visitors health insurance policy, we understand the travel plans sometimes change and are out of your control. Whether that means changing your trip all together, a wrong name accidently entered at time of application, we are here to assist you with making any updates or changes to your Visitors Insurance policy. Most insurance companies are willing to make changes before your policy starts with a simple email confirmation of what changes you need to be made. Whenever you need to make any changes to your Visitors Insurance policy, you can either log-in to your client portal via the insurance company or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with what corrections need to be made and your policy details.
1. Changes Made on Visitors Insurance Policy: Most of these changes can be made before your day of departure date for your trip
- Travel Dates If your travel dates change or your trip is longer or shorter. You will need to pay the difference in premium if you extend your coverage period.
- Coverage/Policy Maximum Limits - If you want to change the overall policy maximum on your policy, this is something the insurance company can do before the policy starts and charge your credit card the difference in the premium with your consent.
- Name Changes - If you accidently typed the wrong name or made a grammatical error, you can email us a copy of the traveler’s passport and we can get this corrected. Please keep in mind you want to use the traveler’s full name as listed on their passport.
- Date of Birth Changes - If you accidently typed the wrong date of birth, you can email us a copy of the traveler’s passport and we can get this corrected. There may be a, increase in premium if the traveler is older than what was originally submitted or a refund in premium if the traveler is younger than what was originally submitted.
2. Updates Made on Visitors Insurance Policy:
Most insurance companies allow changes before the policy starts including:
- Increasing or Decreasing the Policy Maximum
- Increasing or Decreasing the Deductible
- Changing Effective Dates
- Cancelling the policy for a full refund
Most insurance companies allow changes after the policy starts including:
- Extending your coverage period
- Updating traveler’s details including email, address, phone number, etc.
- Cancelling the policy for a pro-rated refund (minus a cancellation fee)
Insurance Carriers including WorldTrips, Trawick International and IMG Global, Azimuth Risk Solutions, and Seven Corners allow for the above changes with written email confirmation from the client.
3. Understating your Visitors Insurance Policy:
When purchasing a Visitors Insurance policy from VisitorsInsurance.com, we recommend reviewing all your policy documents before departing for your trip. Upon enrolling in insurance for visitors, you will be emailed your policy confirmation directly from the insurance company and another copy from VisitorsInsurance.com. Our copy will include all your downloaded documents including ID Card, Policy/Certificate Wording, PPO Link, Visa Letter, and any applicable riders or discount cards. It is very important to review the plan documents, policy maximum, deductible and benefits included with your Visitors Insurance policy.
When purchasing Visitors Insurance plans, please keep in mind these plans are designed to cover any new sickness or illness that occurs after the policy has started and you have left your home country. Common medical benefit exclusions listed in most policies include:
- Routine/Preventative Care
- Diagnostic Care
- Annual Exams/Physicals
- Pre-exisiting Conditions
- Pregnancy (including pre-natal care, pregnancy, childbirth, and post-natal care for both mother and baby)
- Travel for any known surgery and/or treatment in another country
We hope this article has helps you understand what changes can be made on your visitor’s insurance policy and what key information to review before travel.
If you need help generating a quote, please email us at email@example.com, and share the travelers ages, travel dates, visa/green card status, and destination country for the quickest response. If you have an other questions or feedback regarding this post, you can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free at 800-344-9540/847-897-5120. or via phone or WhatsApp at 847-897-5120.