When do you need to buy both International Travel Medical Insurance and Travel Insurance?
This blog will breakdown the differences between Visitors Insurance travel medical insurance and Visitors Insurance travel insurance. Although these plans have similar names, these plans are designed to cover two different categories. Travel Medical Insurance will focus on covering medical expenses while traveling abroad where Travel Insurance will focus on covering your cost for trip including airfare and hotel stay.
What Does Travel Medical Insurance Cover?
- any new sickness or illness
- any new accident or injury that occurs
- doctor visits or urgent care visits
- emergency room and hospitalization
- wellness visits (varies per plan)
- covid-19 coverage (varies per plan)
- emergency dental and vision coverage
- medical emergency evacuation
- repatriation of mortal remains (in the event of a death)
- trip delay benefits (lost luggage or stolen passport)
What isn't covered under Travel Medical Insurance plan?
- pre-existing medical conditions - any treatment, checkups, diagnostic and annual exams for any pre-existing medical condition will not be covered
- routine vision and routine dental work including checkups, cleanings, fillings, x-rays
- preventative care including physical exams, annual bloodwork, medical checkups, immunizations and vaccine shots
- maternity including pregnancy, childbirth, ultrasounds, routine checkups
- cancer treatment
- Travel for any known surgery and/or treatment in another country
Please note that Visitors Insurance plans vary as we work with multiple insurance companies who have their own underwriting teams. We offer both low-cost, schedule of benefit plans and comprehensive coverage plans. Full benefits and list of exclusions will be listed on your policy wording/certificate which will be issued to you via email upon purchasing a plan.
If I already have travel insurance, do I still need international health insurance?
If you are traveling somewhere and have spent a substantial amount of money on both airfare and hotel stay, it would be advised to get a trip insurance policy that will be travel insurance and also to get travel medical insurance which will be visitors insurance. This way you are protected for both what you paid for the trip and in case anything medically happens to you while traveling. Though healthcare costs vary around the world, traveling with travel insurance for foreign visitors and medical visitors’ insurance will give you the peace of mind while you enjoy your vacation.
We hope this article has helps you understand what difference between international travel medical insurance and travel insurance. If you need help generating a quote, please email us at Visitors Insurance, and share the travelers ages, travel dates, visa/green card status, and destination country for the quickest response. If you have an other questions or feedback regarding this post, you can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free at 800-344-9540/847-897-5120. or via phone or WhatsApp at 847-897-5120.
Leave a reply