How To Buy Travel Insurance After The Pandemic
Hello Travelers! Welcome back to the Visitors Insurance Blog! This blog will breakdown why its more important than ever to have the right visitor insurance plan while traveling during the global pandemic. This blog will breakdown after pandemic travel insurance and what it covers and why its important to have visitors insurance coverage which traveling outside of your home country especially during and after the global health pandemic of COVID-19 for any future travel.
Just to recap, VisitorsInsurance.com offers both short-term and long-term travel medical insurance plans that cover you for any new sickness or illness that can occur after the policy has started. This includes doctor visits, urgent care, emergency room, hospitalization, inpatient, outpatient, covid-19 visitors insurance coverage and more. Visitors Insurance plans will cover you outside of your home country. Your home country is defined by where you live and work and what country you hold a passport in. We specialize in insurance for travelers on any type of visa, immigrants, students, missionary, group insurance and more!
While the travel industry has seen a increase in travelers booking new vacations in 2021 and 2022, it's important to have the right visitors insurance health insurance while traveling including vaccinated travelers and children. With the highly contagious delta variant spreading across the globe, its best for travelers and those buying insurance for loved ones to buy the right type of covid-19 visitors insurance plan to best suit your needs.
What plans do Visitors Insurance recommend for after pandemic insurance?
VisitorsInsurance.com offers two major categories of plans including low-cost, fixed schedule of benefits plan and comprehensive coverage plans. We have options available for all travelers that include covid-19 coverage and quarantine benefit.
Low-cost, fixed schedule of benefits plans
- Cheap and basic coverage with sublimits
- Low cost fixed benefit plans
- More out of pocket at the time of claims
- Good for people who wants to take more and are okay with upfront costs as these policies are reimbursement plans that are pay and claim and not designed to cover 100% of the medical bills
- Some of the most popular plans include Safe Travels to Visitors to USA, VisitorSecure, and Visitors Care. All 3 plans also cover covid-19 if medically necessary
- Visitor Secure also offers a Quarantine Benefit - Emergency Quarantine Benefit- COVID-19: $50 a day for up to 10 days. Must have a minimum of 30 days of coverage. Proof of quarantine mandated by a physician or governmental authority required.
- Quarantine must be due to you testing positive for COVID-19/SARS-CoV2, or you are symptomatic and waiting on diagnostic test results. Not available while in your home country.
Comprehensive coverage plans are the most popular visitors insurance plans available on the market.
- Better comprehensive coverage without sublimits
- Covers serious medical expenses
- Less out of pocket expense.
- Good for people who wants to take less risk
- Most benefits are covered up to the policy maximum for a new eligible sickness/illness
- Option to get up to 100% coverage up to the policy maximum with a in-network provider in your PPO network
- Some of the most popular comprehensive coverage plans include Safe Travels Comprehensive, Atlas America, Patriot America Plus, Safe Travels Voyager and Safe Travels International/Outbound. These are American Visitors Insurance plans for travel to the United States
- Atlas America/International also offers a Quarantine Benefit - Emergency Quarantine Benefit- COVID-19: $50 a day for up to 10 days. Must have a minimum of 30 days of coverage. Proof of quarantine mandated by a physician or governmental authority required. Quarantine must be due to you testing positive for COVID-19/SARS-CoV2, or you are symptomatic and waiting on diagnostic test results. Not available while in your home country.
- Safe Travels International & Safe Travels Voyager also offers a Quarantine Benefit - *** COSTA RICA TRAVELERS - THIS PLAN MEETS REQUIREMENTS FOR COSTA RICA. A VISA LETTER IS PROVIDED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE WHICH INDICATES THE COVERAGE NEEDED TO GET YOUR QR CODE FROM THEIR WEBSITE. TRAWICK DOES NOT PROVIDE THE QR CODE OR ASSIST WITH GETTING THE CODE.***
Does my visitors insurance policy cover covid-19 testing to get back home?
COVID-19 testing is only covered if medically necessary per doctor's orders. You cannot get proactively tested as this would be considered preventive/routine care which is not covered under visitors insurance plans. For traveling back home, you will need to pay out of pocket for testing.
What are the recommendations for after traveling during COVID-19?
- Make sure to bring your vaccination card with you while traveling outside of your home country
- Email yourself a photo of both your passport and vaccination card in case either get stolen during travel
- Be prepared to take covid-19 testing ranging from antigen to PCR test to get back to your home country regardless of vaccination status. Testing requirements do vary per country.
- Be prepared and get to the airport early as airports have been overwhelmed with travelers and are currently understaffed.
- Bring extra masks for your loved ones and hand sanitize
You can learn more about all of our plans that offer covid-19 coverage here - https://www.visitorsinsurance.com/coronavirus.
We hope this article has helps you identify what to look for when looking for covid-19 medical insurance to get the proper coverage for yourself and/or your parents/relatives visiting you. You can visit our website at Visitors Insurance. If you need help generating a quote, please email us at email@example.com nd share the travelers ages, travel dates, visa/green card status, and destination country for the quickest response. If you have an other questions or feedback regarding this post, you can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free at 800-344-9540/847-897-5120. or WhatsApp at 847-897-5120.